OUR MISSION: Empowering Voters, Defending Democracy
LWV Baltimore County is a non-partisan organization that empowers residents through voter registration, education and advocacy.
We envision a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge, and the confidence to participate.
WHAT WE D0.
We help our members understand what is happening in local and regional politics and provide opportunities to be involved. We work together for social justice and voter education necessary for democracy to flourish.
Fighting Voter Suppression
We challenge all efforts and tactics that threaten oujr democracy and limit the ability of voters to exercise their right to vote.
Money in Policics
Elections should be about the voters not big money interests. It's time to limit Super PACs and secret donors to protect representative democracy.
Congressional districts and government legislative bodies should be apportioned substantially on population. We oppose partisan and racial gerrymandering that strips rights away from voters
LWV Baltimore County continues working in our communities by
- registering new voters at Naturalization ceremonies, community events, and upon request.
- informing residents on local and national issues, providing multiple sides of issues, through candidate and issue forums and Voters' Guide, Vote411.org, newsletters, social media.
- observing the proceedings of local government, County Council, Board of Education and zoning reviews.
- promoting public civic education and encouraging voter participation in government
- neither endorse or oppose candidates