Empowering voters, Defending Democracy.
WHAT WE D0.
We help our members understand what is happening in local and regional politics and provide opportunities to be involved. We work together for social justice and voter education necessary for democracy to flourish.
Fighting Voter Suppression
We challenge all efforts and tactics that threaten oujr democracy and limit the ability of voters to exercise their right to vote.
Money in Policics
Elections should be about the voters not big money interests. It's time to limit Super PACs and secret donors to protect representative democracy.
Congressional districts and government legislative bodies should be apportioned substantially on population. We oppose partisan and racial gerrymandering that strips rights away from voters.
HOW WE WORK IN OUR COMMUNITY.
- Register new voters at events and naturalization ceremonies
- Advocate for voters rights
- Inform residents about local, state and national issues
- Hold informational forums and meetings on vital community issues
- Influence local policy through education and advocacy
- Observe Board of Education meetings
- Promote education reform
- Observe County Council meetings
- Produce the Voters' Guide and Vote411.org during election years
- Meet with legislators to discuss issues
- Study issues to create positions to advocate
- Remain nonpartisan, neither supports or opposes candidates
- Interact and support state, national, and local LWV.
LWV BALTIMORE COUNTY: OVER 60 YEARS STRONG
Originally combined with LWV Baltimore City, LWV Baltimore County has been an independent nonpartisan organization since the early 1960s. In 2017 LWV Baltimore County became a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. We continue to educate and advocate about issues and voters rights for residents in Baltimore County without supporting candidates or parties. We acknowledge the struggle with race and diversity and gender, and work to be more inclusive, which has made us stronger.
LWV: Proud Past, Bright Future